Wednesday, June 17, 2009

"Oops..SALE" section!

While I wish that each of my silk painting creations
could be pulled off without a hitch, ever so often a splash of paint will fall in a place I didn't mean to, or the tiny holes along an edge may become a little too noticeable. The little voice in my head of the disapproving snobby artist tells me - "Hmph, burn it immediately and start over!"

However, when I've shown these to my friends, or even fellow artists, I always get the same response, "Oh, I didn't even notice that!" or "You're crazy and being too much of a perfectionist!".

I then proceed to growl...pout...scoff...and the dilemma brews in my mind. What to do with these less than ultimately PERFECT creations? Well, I've started an "Oops.. SALE" section in my store. I'm hoping this will be the perfect solution. Prices are all lowered about 15%, so they are more affordable, and this way I'll be able to "shush" that little snobby artist in my head and tell her - "Calm down! Some people enjoy a good deal, and they are still pretty!"

Check out my "Oops..SALE" section!
http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=7370805&section_id=6210226

No comments: