Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Too pretty to part with..


There are a select few pieces that I might not be able to part with. 

"Midnight Roses" is one of these silk paintings that fall into this category.  This was my first long scarf painting, and I had been dreaming and sketching wonderful linear rose patterns over and over again for months (and really years now that I think about it).  I used a frame that I actually built myself under Olivia Batchelder's supervision, in her Laguna studio, of course.  

Until that moment in time, I only had the little square frames to work with, and therefore was limited to, well, little squares.  Due to this and spacing, I had been holding back for so long, and finally FINALLY was free to paint the whole length of a long silk scarf!

This weekend, I am going to start my Rose series - all different shades, colors, and different swirly designs will fill the afternoons... roses, roses, and more roses.. I'm so excited!  and well.. I suppose I'll have to brace myself for parting with SOME of them...





5 comments:

an000sha said...

wow!!this really superb!!colours used in this scarf is really attractive and the design is really beautiful!!
one word for ya work"superb"!

Suzanne said...

I love your rose ones. Maybe reserve one for me. :-)

Angel Ray said...

Of course! If I can, I'll try to post a preview of the painted Rose pieces Sunday evening.. you can pick which color you like most, andI'll hold aside for you :)

Nicole said...

These are so beautiful. I'd love to have these as curtains for my office. They'd be so bright and cheery.

Angel Ray said...

Wow! Thank you - never thought of painting silk curtains before, but I guess anything is possible if I had a big enough frame.. sigh.. someday!