Monday, August 3, 2009

Faded but Friendly SALE!

So.. as I am still learning every step of the way with my silk paintings, there are bound to be bumps in the road along the way. Recently about a dozen of my finished scarves were either left soaking too long, or washed to harshly, or, I guess I'm still trying to figure out what happened, but the end result is that they lost a lot of their original color and now have visible crease marks (sniff sniff.. wiping a tear from my eye)..

SO as I rushed to re-shoot them, my devastation slowly began to wear off, as each one, while folded and scrunched on the model, didn't look half bad! Not to mention, they feel super extra soft now. So for those of us who enjoy a little distressing/creasing character in our accessories and a good bargain, this provides the perfect opportunity to snatch up a hand painted silk scarf, for half the price!

Take advantage of my little accident in this case. You'll notice each "faded" piece has been drastically reduced in price (most at 50%). Combine that with the free shipping and gift wrapping, and well, (reaching for a kleenex to dry my tears) it's practically highway robbery!
Happy Shopping!

http://www.etsy.com/sections_contents.php?section_id=6315346

2 comments:

AlliesAdornments said...

I think they still look great! Maybe you could re-brand them as a differnt line, ie Whispered Wrinkles, distressed pastel scarves.
Just a thought.
Best of luck with your sale!

Angel Ray said...

That's actually a great idea.. love Whispered Wrinkles :) I just hope this never happens again!