Announcing "Muse News" quarterly newsletter!
Updates and Musings from Muse Silk Paintings
Tuesday, September 22nd, 2009
Today is the first day of Fall! For my fellow Southern California friends, it might not feel like it now, but sooner than you think, the cooler weather will be kicking in.
Muse of the Moment (brand spanking new!)
First giveaway! Unlike many artisans, I do not have little samples to give away for promotions/advertising. All my scarves are truly one of a kind, so I painted one especially for the Hip Handmaid contest. This feather scarf would make a fabulous accessory for your fall wardrobe or an excellent gift for the holiday for a special lady in your life! Entering to win the contest is easy. Click this link for details: http://hiphandmaids.blogspot.com/2009/09/hip-giveaway_21.html
Upcoming Musings (future events)
Save the date! Muse Silk Paintings will have a booth for a one-day holiday craft show in early December! I’m even musing over actually doing a live silk painting demonstration. For more details about Hip Handmaids click here: http://www.hiphandmaids.com/Home_Page.html
Hip Handmaids Holiday Craft Show
Dec. 5th Saturday from 9am-5pm The Little White Chapel, 1711 N. Avon Street, Burbank, CA 91505
Muse Milestones (past events)
1. Muse Silk Paintings Blog! I created a blog last April as an outlet to share my musings and thoughts on my budding silk painting business. I love writing new entries and have been meaning to update it soon! The link: http://musesilkpainting.blogspot.com/
2. First Craft Show! This past May was the month of my official first show at the Studio City Arts and Crafts Show. It was scary, but an amazing experience, and I even won an Honorable Mention award! Read about it here: http://musesilkpainting.blogspot.com/2009/05/first-show-was-award-winning-success.html
3. Muse went online! May was a big month for me, as I also first opened my Muse Silk Paintings online store! I have recently listed almost 50 beautiful scarves. Come visit and see my new scarves: http://MuseSilkPaintings.etsy.com My store is up and running, and on a roll now! I even have worked on some custom orders. To see pictures of a few of these wonderful custom scarves, here are the links:
4. Muse on Facebook! Although my blog is great, it feels more like writing in a journal (which I do love). However I wanted a more up to date, frequent way to provide updates. Out of this need for a more organic and active interaction with fashionistas and art lovers everywhere, I created the Muse Silk Paintings facebook fan page, which has been a huge success. I love hearing fan feedback on everything! To become a fan, or just check out the site, click here: http://www.facebook.com/MuseSilkPaintings
5. Muse on Twitter! I am still very much learning how to use Twitter. All that I’ve managed to do is link it up to my facebook page so that it updates whenever there is a new posting. If you are twitter literate, and would like to follow Muse Silk Paintings, here is my link: http://twitter.com/Muse_Silk
There has been a lot going on at Muse Silk Paintings! I’d like to thank all my friends, family and wonderful clients for your ongoing support through this exciting adventure of my budding silk painting business. I don’t know yet if this will be a monthly edition or by the season, but stay tuned for updates and, as always, Happy Musings!!
Muse Silk Paintings